Do you want to rebalance your body faster after giving birth? Then a lymphatic drainage massage is ideal for you!
After your pregnancy, your body recovers from the surplus of blood and fluid. Since the blood volume in your body increases by about 50% during pregnancy, you will easier experience increased swelling and blocked channels in the chest causing increased body pain, especially in the lower back, hips and abdomen.
The lymphatic drainage massage stimulates the removal of fluids and toxins from your body, improving circulation and reducing swelling and various feelings of pain.
An improvement in your sleep quality - crucial during the months after pregnancy - therefore gives extra energy and a more relaxed feeling!
Why massage is good for you after giving birth ?
- Benefits for mom: Massage can reduce fatigue, help you sleep better and reduce tension in your muscles such as back and shoulders. Furthermore, the massage reduces stress and anxiety, and in particular it is very effective for any feelings of baby blues. Massage makes you more aware of the needs of your body, which also undergoes major changes after pregnancy.
- Benefits for the baby : Before breast feeding, the massage helps you to relax the shoulders, thereby increasing circulation and milk production. In addition, your baby enjoys a happier and more relaxed mom.
- Benefits for daddy: The birth of a baby also brings about a complete change for the daddy's and a massage helps against sleeping problems and stress.
In practical terms
- How long to wait after giving birth?
After a normal delivery you are welcome for a relaxing massage from 1 week after delivery - provided there are no medical complications and you feel ready for it. After a caesarean section, recovery naturally takes longer and massage is possible again after 6 weeks. Of course you can feel yourself when you feel ready for a massage.
- Postnatal massage posture
If that feels good to you, the lymphatic drainage massage can be done as with a normal relaxing massage in the stomach and back. If you don't find it comfortable (yet) to lie on your stomach, the massage can also be done on your side, just like with a pregnancy massage.
It is very pleasant to enjoy a postnatal massage with your partner or a friend. You then book for 2 people. a duo postnatal massage. Just before confirming the reservation, you can indicate in the remark box which massage the other person would like.